Thursday, February 3, 2011

it's bigger than religion

I grew up with rap and hip hop. When I was young, my bedtime stories actually consisted of "Children's story" by Slick Rick. My dad rapped his own version of "Gin & Juice" to cheer me up after a bad day in junior high. Now, I don't know how a skinny white guy who doesn't even eat red meat (let alone blaze and pass the courvoisier) got into the gangsta scene, but it probably explains a bit about my childhood.

So obviously my tastes have changed and I haven't been as into hip hop these days. Yet recently, I've definitely been noticing a bit of an amalgamation of house and hip hop. And that's definitely a good thing. Here's a few I like:


Super Sharp Shooter by heavyfuckingbass
Deadmau5 vs Far East Movement - Ghosts on a G6 (UltiMe Remix ) by Nico Séguy
Busy P - To-Protect-And-Entertain [Crookers-Remix] by 420orion727
N.E.R.D. vs. Crookers & Kid Sister "Hot n Fun" (Ben Mono´s Bit-Hop refun) by ben mono
Flo-Rida feat. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me(Club mix) -bhavya7 by bhavya7

it's just a gangsta kind of thursday. get into it. xxx.

1 comment: