Friday, September 23, 2011

summer lovin' happened so fast

Well kids, today is my least favorite day of the entire year: the autumnal equinox. While the rest of New York goes boot shopping and sips pumpkin lattes, I sit home denying the end of all things summer and refusing to wear pants. This summer was a particularly good one, especially for house music. A friend of mine dubbed it the "summer of Alesso," and I think I'll let that stick.

Alesso has become a fixture in the music scene by instating himself as the adopted younger brother of Swedish House Mafia. Man, do they love this kid. And it's hard not to. The baby Swede is only 18 and he's already dropping hits like these:

Alesso - NILLIONAIRE by Alesso

DEVolution – Good Love (Alesso Remix) *Preview* by Alesso

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem (Alesso Remix) by Alesso


And if you missed him at Ezoo, here's what he can do in the dj booth:


The Summer of Alesso may have come to an end, but I think the man himself is here to stay. So get into it, while I work on getting into this sweater without breaking down into tears. Summer days, driftin away... but oh those summer niiiiiightsss.... sigh. xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment