Wednesday, September 7, 2011

EZOO: what you missed

Three days of nonstop dancing wreaked havoc on my body but did quite the opposite for my music collection. I made it to almost every artist I wanted to experience, and they all lived up to expectation, but there were definitely a few surprises.

My greatest fear at any music festival is that I will end up being subjected to remixes of the same 3-5 songs throughout the entire weekend. My friends and I managed to count 9 separate instances of "We Are Your Friends," which was surprisingly higher than "Save the World," which was my initial bet to be Most Overplayed. So naturally, my favorite DJs were the ones who stuck to their own guns and only borrowed when absolutely necessary. A notable favorite in this category was Bart B More, whose set I could only unfortunately find 5 minutes of:



The biggest surprise was Markus Schulz and Gareth Emery converting me to a full-on trance fan. My life-changing moment occurred at 27 minutes into this set when Schulz during a ground-shattering Fatboy Slim remix:


Finding myself at the Sunday School tent was not on my to do list, but I'm glad I didn't miss this amazing set from Dutchman Joris Voorn and UK's Nic Fanciulli, who tore it up:


Another big surprise came to me only yesterday, when I discovered that the mind-blowing set from Martin Solveig was not in fact the tennis-racket-wielding Frenchman himself, but a substitute set from Dirty South due to Solveig's last minute injury. Dancing to Dirty South three times in one weekend is not a bad way to go, and here's why:


You can find most of the Electric Zoo sets over at mixing.dj by searching. I could probably spend another entire weekend talking about this past weekend, but I think these should be enough to tide me over until the fall lineups start rolling in. I'm already looking at Kaskade and Deadmau5 in October... Don't stop dancing, kids.

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment