Thursday, September 1, 2011

EZOO PLAYLIST Part 2: sweaty Saturday sounds

Saturday's forecast: 83 degrees, clear, and sweaty.

Day two of Electric Zoo jumps off for me with Sidney Samson, the man behind 2010's epic "Riverside," which will forever inspire me to scream out an expletive while driving between LA and San Diego (for reasons other than Orange County traffic). This dirty Dutchman's last single is only slightly less rude:
Shut Up Let It Go (Sidney Samson feat Lady Bee) by Bonecrusher

Porter Robinson's up next in the Red Bull Riverside tent. I'm pretty excited to see him again, because anyone who can remix Avicii and not ruin Avicii gets a thumbs up from me:
Tim Berg - Seek Bromance (Porter Robinson Remix) by Porter Robinson
Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory (Porter Robinson Remix) by Porter Robinson

I'm not the world's biggest Skrillex fan, but I'd pop by his stage on the off chance he may play this little gem (remixed by none other than the love of my life, Kaskade).
Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites (Kaskade remix) by Skrillex

After Skrillex at the Hilltop Arena comes Dirty South, who oddly enough is not from the likes of Tennessee or Georgia, but a Serb based in Melbourne, Australia. I'm certainly not judging, because since "Phazing" he's stayed pretty close to my heart. His latest jam with Thomas Gold is so fantastic it may even be able to reawaken the dead, so don't play it near any cemeteries:
Dirty South & Thomas Gold feat. Kate Elsworth 'Alive' (Pete Tong: Essential New Tune) by Thomas Gold
Not to mention they'll be playing together with another favorite up-and-comer, Alesso at the Pacha afterparty Saturday night. If you can only make one afterparty, this is the one not to miss.

Ahh, the G the U the E the T T the A-A-A-A, we don't play. David Guetta is the headliner I am honestly least excited for (his sets continually disappoint me, including New Year's on Bondi Beach in Sydney, and that's a pretty hard to show to ruin). However, I'm a longtime Snoop Dogg fan, and this song makes me ... well, I'll let you guess.
Snoop Dogg & David Guetta - Wet by AndresEGB

As far as trance goes, I can only handle so much, but ATB has always been spot on for me. His last album Distant Earth was absolutely lovely.
ATB feat. JanSoon - Move On (Club Version) by chockski

Joachim Garraud will be invading (ha, ha) the Red Bull Riverside tent at 8:45, so we can catch him before either catching Ferry Corsten or the ferry home.
Joachim Garraud-Wake Up People(Cosme Martin and Christian Vila Official Remix) by Christian Vila

Ferry Corsten is another trance DJ who "gets" me. Plus, his songs usually describe how I feel about them, especially "Beautiful." This one is...
Ferry Corsten - So Good by ferry-corsten

Thus Saturday ends on a trance-y note, and picks back up again with Alesso, Thomas Gold and Dirty South. See you there!

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment