Tuesday, January 18, 2011

god i can't do this anymore

The first time I heard Calvin Harris's "I'm not alone" - I SKIPPED it. Yes, really, it came to me on a playlist by none other than my dear friend Andy, the intro bored me, and I skipped right along to the next.
Fast forward almost a year later and this song became my favorite Calvin Harris song. The buildup is - literally - epic and it has that quality that it actually gives me chills.

So for someone to strip it down to something so laid back and (dare I say?) simple is counterintuitive, and one would guess...an absolutely terrible idea. And yet, leave it to Deadmau5 to do just that. Without further ado...



Also. This remix made me realize what this song is actually about - being hungover. Or having rave flu. Maybe both.

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment